One of the greatest commodities of our times is the ability to exchange information online, securely. However, the security of our current encryption methods is vulnerable, and we know that it will render obsolete with the advent of new technologies, such as quantum computers.
At Quside, we build quantum technology for safer connectivity and more powerful devices. Using our proprietary quantum random number generator, we provide the security and performance that is required to create the next generation of encryption technologies. A new class of products and infrastructure with unprecedented future-proven security guarantees. Our aim is to make sure that secure communications keep being a commodity in the years to come.
Job overview - At Quside we’re searching for a highly motivated Head of Software Engineering to work closely with our technical team. The Head of Software Engineering will have an immediate impact on our product outputs and quality. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role, with a special focus on delivering end-to-end solutions.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
At Quside, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-tech environment and contribute significantly to the growth of the company’s suite of products. Head of Software Engineering responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various programming languages. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
Ultimately, the role of the Head of Software Engineering is to motivate and lead a team of Software Engineers to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. Main responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship
- Execute full software development life cycles (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features
- You will also be instrumental in taking ownership/leadership of project tasks from start to finish.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MEng or BEng in STEM degree or CS
- Proven experience with C, C++, C#, or Python developments.
- Experience with low-level programming is strongly valorized.
- Strong performer with 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles.
- Emotionally intelligent manager with 3+ years experience of leading technical team
- Experience with an early-stage company to understand the importance of building something from scratch. You'll also need a drive to win, a sense of urgency, and the ability to be a risk taker.
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in rapidly changing environments.
- Results-focused, with an ability to manage multiple activities at the same time.
- Proven competencies that include systemic thinking; excellent analytical and data-driven decision-making skills; and the ability to be resourceful and timely in completing work assignments.
- Strong commitment to high quality standards