One of the greatest commodities of our times is the ability to exchange information online, securely. However, the security of our current encryption methods is vulnerable, and we know that their security will render obsolete with the advent of new technologies, such as quantum computers.
At Quside, we design and manufacture innovative quantum components for all connected devices. Using our proprietary quantum random number generator, we provide the security and performance that is required to build the next generation of encryption technologies. A new class of products and infrastructure with unprecedented future-proven security guarantees. Our mission is to make sure that secure communications keep being a commodity in the years to come.
Job overview - At Quside we’re searching for a highly motivated Head of Digital Engineering to work closely with our technical team. The Head of Digital Engineering will have an immediate impact on our product outputs and quality. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role, with a special focus on delivering end-to-end solutions.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
At Quside, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-tech environment and contribute significantly to the growth of the company’s suite of products. We are looking for a Head of Digital Engineering to lead our product development team and commercial efforts. You will be expected to support firmware releases from development to production stage and to lead the strategy and long-term plans for the Digital Engineering team.
Ultimately, the role of the Head of Digital Engineering is to motivate and lead a team of Digital Engineers to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing firmware that complies with coding standards and technical design. Main responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship
- Execute full development cycles (from design to testing & validation)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected stakeholders
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate hardware components into a fully functional product
- Develop firmware verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain firmware functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Ensure all codes are updated with the latest features
- You will also be instrumental in taking ownership/leadership of project tasks from start to finish.
- Experience in debugging and testing is also fundamental in this role.
The candidate should have familiarity with high speed interconnects, including multi-gigabit transceivers and knowledge of programming and systems (Xilinx, Vivado).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MEng or BEng in STEM degree or CS.
- Strong performer with 5+ years of experience with FPGA design, integration, hardware architecture and testing.
- Emotionally intelligent manager with 3+ years experience of leading technical team
- Experience with an early-stage company with experience building something from scratch. You'll also need a drive to win, a sense of urgency, and the ability to be a risk taker.
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in rapidly changing environments.
- Results-focused, with an ability to manage multiple activities at the same time.
- Proven competencies that include systemic thinking; excellent analytical and data-driven decision-making skills; and the ability to be resourceful and timely in completing work assignments.
- Strong commitment to high quality standards